Full-time operations assistant
Private Finance is an independent whole of market mortgage advisory, providing expert advice and a high-quality service to discerning clients. We are growing our advisory team and looking to make some key hires to complement this period of growth.
The Operations Assistant role is critical to the day-to-day running of the business both financially and operationally, and you will play a key part, working with and assisting senior management.. Your main focus will be completing and fulfilling your tasks and responsibilities as outlined below, but with a view to optimising the company’s performance by assisting with the strategic implementation of solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations
As Operations Assistant you will be expected to demonstrate relevant disciplines, skills, and knowledge:
- Managing confidential and sensitive information: honesty, integrity and reliability is a fundamental requirement.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- High level IT (including telecoms) skills covering any infrastructure, hardware, software, and systems which the company might use from time to time
- Excellent numerical and written communication skills.
- Being able to accept high level briefs and work unsupervised.
- Understanding of the FCA regulatory framework in relation to the advice process with the ability to review and monitor
- Understanding of FCA regulated firm business risks with particular focus on policy adherence
As Operations Assistant your duties will consist of:
- To maintain the company’s present financial management and continuously look to develop optimise processes. This will include utilising technologies and integrating accountancy software into our present systems and thus working alongside other project managers.
- Maintain Xero, the financial software package, so that it provides a real time snapshot of the company’s position.
- Maintaining sales ledger, in the form of customer relationship management (CRM) system, recording all monetary receipts, bank reconciliation.
- Preparing ad hoc bespoke management reports and assist with daily financial reporting.
- Liaison with clients in invoice settlement and lender procurations payments.
- General administration to include screening inbound calls.
- Assisting with compliance related matters following guidance from Head of Compliance & Operations and external auditors.
- Assist with commission queries and issue monthly commission statements for consultants and introducers.
- Maintain weekly pipeline reporting for banking projections as well as cases no longer proceeding.
- Monitoring of renewal business and issuing of rate roll-offs.
- Ensure files are eligible for commission payments.
- Assist with monthly file checks for suitability of advice and cover when required initial file checks and final file checks.
- Acting in compliance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times.
- Complying with further the relevant compliance procedure as outlined by the firm at all times, including but not limited to: Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption).
To apply, please send your CV, alongside a cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 31st January 2021.
Reference: Operations Assistant Private Finance