FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - LONDON
Private Finance is an independent mortgage advisor, providing expert advice and a high-quality service to discerning clients.
As Financial Controller you will be expected to have the relevant requirements, skills and knowledge:
- Access to confidential and sensitive information (as well as the company’s bank accounts) – so honesty, integrity and reliability is a key expectation.
- The requisite knowledge for the role being undertaken.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- I.T literate.
- Good numerical and written communication skills.
- Self organised.
As Financial Controller your duties will consist of:
- To take the company’s present financial management to an optimal state. This will include utilising technologies and integrating accountancy software into our present systems and thus working alongside other project managers.
- Streamline procedures to introduce efficiencies.
- Monitor agreements with third parties to ascertain if efficiencies can be made.
- Maintain Xero, the financial software package, so that it provides a real time snapshot of the company’s position.
- Daily financial reporting.
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Pipeline monitoring to include; daily monitoring – chasing completion dates where appropriate and weekly reports – to ensure brokers and support are fully aware of case progression, fees received, compliant status.
- Monitor the cash balance of the bank account and ensure the minimum balance threshold isn’t breached.
- Bank account reconciliation.
- Send and chase outstanding fee invoices post standard 14 day rule.
- Ensure the production of quarterly management accounts.
- Assist with commission queries, process commission payments and produce monthly commission statements for consultants and introducers.
- Manage the firm’s pension contribution obligations.
- Maintain the new business register.
- PA duties to the M.D.
- Ensure files are satisfactory & eligible for commission payments.
- Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times
- Comply with the relevant compliance, TCF, financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption) procedures of the firm at all times.
Reference: Financial Controller London